The Falconer

Ten reasons why fall is the best season

Processed with VSCO with p5 preset

Deziyre LakeTusing

Processed with VSCO with p5 preset

Deziyre Lake-Tusing, Staff Writer

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

Have you ever stood outside and listened to the rustling of the leaves as they dance in the wind? Can you taste the pumpkin spice and apple cider as they drift through the cool, crisp air? With the scents, the emotions; and the fall spirit,  heaven truly can be a place on Earth. Here are ten reasons why fall is considered one of the best seasons of the year.

FALL FASHION! During the fall it is quite trendy to roam around wearing ankle boots and snuggly scarves because they go with almost everything. Fall is a time where ¨Flannel Friday”, exists every day. There are so many choices; lumberjack black and red, rustic orange, pink, and brown or simply black and white. Don’t forget that it’s also sweater weather. It doesn’t matter what color, style or coziness it has, you will still look good in a sweater.

AUTUMN FUN! Fall and the beauty it endures is constantly changing,  allowing for so many things to be even more exciting. For instance, when the leaves change colors, you can visually see it. Jump in leaf piles, hike in a forest and surround yourself with all these beautiful colors. Get lost in cheerful corn mazes with a group of friends and laugh with one another. Take a long drive on a back road and be mesmerized that everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been waiting all year for its most grand finale.

FOOTBALL SEASON! With school back in session, a majority of the students are most ecstatic about the return of football season. Rather than freezing to death on a cold Friday night football game, snuggle up close with friends and wrap yourselves up in a blanket and drink delicious hot chocolate.

HALLOWEEN! For all you thrill-seeking, heart racing, screamers; you have an entire month to enjoy Halloween! Go on haunted hayrides, go through haunted corn mazes and don’t forget about haunted houses. Stay up late and have horror movie marathons. On Halloween make sure to hand out candy or dress up and go trick or treating. There’s nothing wrong with embracing your inner youth.

RETURNING TV SHOWS! With the season of fall finally returning, a majority of everyone’s favorite tv shows are arriving at the beginning of October. No more reruns of old seasons, no more waiting all year for all your favorite celebrities and tv shows to return. With more seasons, more episodes, more intensity, watching tv is most exciting in the fall.  

COZY WEATHER! Picture this. The wind is blowing, the air is crisp, you’re cold and you’re drinking hot chocolate to stay warm. This is the perfect opportunity to have a bonfire, eat smores, and snuggle up close to those all around you. It’s okay to wear sweaters every day because of how cold the air is becoming. Dress warm, sit by a fire and drink coffee and enjoy peacefulness in the warmth of this beautiful, cool season.

SEASONAL THINGS! Another reason to be in love with fall is the fun-filled extravaganzas it has to offer. Don’t neglect the family and seasonal tradition of picking pumpkins, carving them and decorating your front porch with them. Pick apples from an apple orchard and make homemade apple cider and apple pies. Buy cinnamon and pumpkin spice scented candles and fill your house with them. Don’t forget about the items you can use to charmingly decorate your house.

FALL DRINKS & FOOD! It’s the perfect time to drink hot chocolate, chai lattes, and any other kind of coffee drink all day long without being judged. It’s the returning season of all things pumpkin. Pumpkin Spice Lattes, coffee creamer, pies, bread, cheesecake and so much more! There’s also warm and cold apple cider to enjoy. Even though apple pies are sold year round, this time of year makes eating them even more enjoyable.

THANKSGIVING! For all you food lovers, it’s “Being Thankful” season. Thanksgiving is one of the most celebrated holidays in America. From gathering all your family into one setting or telling everyone how much they mean to you, Thanksgiving is perfect. The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is held in Times Square in New York City on Thanksgiving as well! Food tastes fantastic on every other day in the year, but Thanksgiving food is ultimately one of the best. Some of the most traditional foods to eat include Turkey, ham, green beans, potatoes, corn pudding, rolls, cranberry sauce, baked mac n’ cheese, pumpkin pie, pecan pies and apple pies.

PREPARING FOR CHRISTMAS! Following Thanksgiving, a majority of people like to go Black Friday shopping for discounts on items that they can get their loved ones for Christmas. Christmas decorations are put up and the entire season changes, once again. It is no longer fall; it is almost winter.

Even if you are a person who prefers being surrounded by hotter weather, fall still affects you in some sort of way. The nature within itself is incredibly beautiful; the emotions you feel when you look at everything all around you are indescribable. There’s just something magical about wearing oversized sweaters, kicking leaves on the sidewalk and sipping on a comforting hot chocolate or coffee as you enjoy the wonderful season you’re fortunate to experience.