The Falconer

New Principals Join Campus

Jessi Sfarnas, Staff Writer

Over the course of the past few years, many of the faculty and staff members working in Shenandoah County Public Schools have come and gone. On our campus, we have gotten two new assistant principals this year alone. They both are very excited to join the campus and we welcome them with open arms.

Our new principal here at Central High School is Mr. Brandon Burkhart from Berkeley County, West Virginia. He previously was a teacher at Hedgesville High School for three years and Martinsburg High School for four and a half years.

When asked about his interest in Central High, he stated he found the opening for the position by searching what was available. “I was interested in Central because of the location, it would be my first administration position, and seeing the academic excellence. I would like to carry that on while I’m here,” Burkhart said.

One of his main goals is to interact with the students. He hopes he is involved with the academic career of the students, and also to know the students and build relationships with them. He wishes the students enjoys him being as their assistant principal this year. “I know some people think the assistant principal means I’m the ‘bad guy’, and I will do some hard jobs this year, but I don’t want that to always be the case.”

The new assistant principal at Peter Muhlenberg Middle School is Mrs. Veronica Zimmerman. She previously worked at Frederick County Middle School (FCMS) for seven years, Admiral Byrd Middle School (ABMS) for four years, and Belmont Ridge Middle School for four years.

One primary reason Zimmerman was interested in PMMS was the location. It’s closer to her home as FCMS and ABMS are both located in Winchester, Virginia, while Belmont Ridge is located in Leesburg, Virginia.

“My goals are to work on building relationships with the students and staff,” said Zimmerman. She hopes to gain the trust and be supportive of the staff members and communicate with the people involved in the school system,

“I am looking forward to working with the students and staff in all areas,“ Zimmerman said, “Including curriculum, instructional support, communication, etc.” She added, “I am here to help them and support them, but also that I have very high expectations for them with being respectful and putting forth their best effort.”

1 Comment

One Response to “New Principals Join Campus”

1. Sheila Trelawny on October 5th, 2016 8:18 pm

Good article

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

New Principals Join Campus